RECIPE: Roast Pumpkin Frittata
Updated: Aug 30
This recipe is PERFECT for cold winter nights for dinner. It is absolutely loaded with veggies and tastes amazing. It is a great way to get lots of micronutrients into your diet (super important). It is also very easy to make and one of my personal favourites. When I make my recipes, I very rarely follow any specific instructions with quantities - and just prefer to make it up as i go! I work best by trial and error, especially with this style of cooking.
Approx 400g diced, roasted pumpkin
Approx 75g spinach
Approx 75g kale
goats cheese/feta/any cheese of your preference to season
salt and pepper to season
1. Start by roasting your diced pumpkin in the oven for about 30 mins on 180 degrees
2. Added roast pumpkin, kale and spinach to a hot frying pan and lightly saute for 5-10 mins. AT this stage, feel free to add any extra spices you'd prefer. I always add salt, pepper and sometimes some oregano.
3. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk
4. Oil/baking paper a quiche dish to prepare
5. Add pumpkin, kale and spinach mix to the dish and pour egg mixture on top, ensuring that it is evenly covered
6. Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins
7. Sprinkle your choice of cheese on top